12 Affirmations For The Gal Who Needs A Pick-Me-Up
For as long as I can remember, my mom has been the biggest fan of affirmations. “Say things in the mirror,” is advice I received regularly, whether I was stressed about a test, struggling with body image, or just having a bad day.
The woman would put a post-in note on every door frame if it didn’t leave sticky residue.
While I rolled my eyes and thought saying things in the mirror was the silliest thing, positive affirmations have a fairly prominent place in my life. Even though I don’t stand in front of a mirror and recite quotes out loud, I do make it a habit to write in a gratitude journal, keep track of goals I’ve met, and read quotes and stories that remind me of strengths and confidence. Affirmations — even scrolling through a Pinterest board — can remind you how far you’ve come as you become overwhelmed with how far you’ve yet to go.
1. I am appreciated. I am loved. I am cherished.
2. I am getting stronger every day.
3. My dreams are big and they are possible.
4. I am never alone in my struggles.
5. I am grateful for the blessings I have today and the blessings that will come tomorrow.
6. Mountains, no matter how big, are conquered with small, purposeful steps.
7. I am proud of the person I am working to become.
8. I am joyful for the life I have been given, tomorrow will be filled with more joy.
9. My self-worth is not dependent on the opinions of others.
10. I have a beautiful smile, able to create change.
11. Negativity has no place in my life, only love and growth.
12. My energy is powerful, capable, and confident.
Even though you may not emotionally feel what the affirmations on this list state, going through and writing one on a sticky note, sending yourself an email, or just shooting one to a friend to encourage them in their struggles can make the world of difference. Not everything that happens in your life is worth a song and dance — hard things do happen and they do suck. But the journeys you walk through are also how you grow, inspire those around you, and become that person you look up to.
Good vibes only doesn’t mean only good things happen to you, it means you take the good in each circumstance and use it to better tomorrow.